This is the “boat” sound. We make it the same way we make a “f’ sound, (top teeth on bottom lip) but we turn our voice on instead of voice off, v-v-v-v-v-v-v-v.
Surprise bag ideas: valentine, violin, volcano (picture), vampire, vest, Velcro, vinegar, vet, vine, van, vegetable, vase.
Concept None that begin with “V”
Valley of the Vegetable– Laurie Berkner Click Here
Victor Vito-Laurie Berkner Click Here
Growing Vegetable Soup Click Here Our story this week
The Very Hungry Caterpillar-Eric Carl Click Here
Zin, Zin, Zin, A Violin-Lloyd Moss Click Here
- Play a game of Volleyball by throwing a soft ball or a balloon back and forth, trying not to let it touch the floor.
- Have the children cut up several different types of vegetables. Make a dip and enjoy. Try new vegetables like jicama, beets, sugar snap peas, or cucumber instead of the old standby, carrots.
- Make a volcano. Use play dough to make the mountain with a hole on top. Talk about top, bottom, hole, empty, big, tall. Put some baking soda in the hole. Ask, “What do you think will happen if I add Vinegar? Add vinegar and watch it flow down the mountain. Click Here for another rendition
- Have a Vote on Vanilla. Set out bite-sized samples of a few of the following: vanilla wafers, vanilla ice cream, vanilla frosting, vanilla pudding, vanilla milk shake, and vanilla yogurt. Taste the treats and then vote on each family member’s favorite! Be sure to use complete sentences “I like the vanilla yogurt best” Graph your results.
- Smell and/or taste vinegar. Talk about the sour or bitter smell/taste.
- Make vines out of strips of grocery sack (twist into vines). Draw pumpkins, beans, zucchini and other vegetables that grow on a vine. Talk about what you do as you are doing it.
- Categorize vegetables from fruits. When you go shopping put fruits in the big cart or in the front of the cart, and vegetables in the small cart or in back.
- Look back at vacation photos you have taken. Talk about the past and what you want to do for the next vacation.
Read Every Day