I call this the ‘popping’ sound. Put your index finger in front of your closed lips and ‘pop’ with air.
Surprise Bag Ideas: popcorn, pony, plum, potato, pancake, pajamas, peach, paper, pan, and pillow.
- Push/pull: Pull and push your child in a wagon/cardboard box, chair with wheels, or anything you can think of. Have them TRY to pull and push you J
- Please/thank you: No ideas necessary
- Pair: Match pairs of socks
- Pile: Sort laundry into piles of whites and colors (See I can even help you with your housework)
- Popcorn Calling Me-Click Here
- Pretzel Store-Laurie Berkner
- Pop Goes the Weasel
Books to read:
We will be reading, I Want To Be An Astronaut Click Here
- Pajama Time Click Here
- The 3 Little Pigs
- Push, Pull, Empty, Full-Tana Hoban
- If you give a Pig a Pancake-Laura Numeroff
- I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie-Allison Jackson
Activities for home:
- Make pudding. Put the cold milk and pudding in a zip lock bag and shake and squish it for a few minutes before you put it in the fridge. Then eat it right out of the bag with a spoon! Talk about what you are doing (Pouring the milk, mixing the ingredients).
- Make popcorn: talk about what ingredients you need. Popcorn oil and salt. Talk about the utensils: stove, pan, lid and bowl. Make it on the stovetop as something different from the microwave type.
- Sort the laundry into piles. Talk about whites and colors and why you don’t mix!
- Take turns pushing/pulling a wagon or box.
- Make purple or pink play dough-talk about what you’re doing as you make the dough and as you play.
- Make pancake batter in zip lock bags. Cut the corner of the bag and let your child squeeze the batter into the pan. Then read, If You Give a Pig a Pancake.
- Have a pajama day. Stay in your pajamas all day, read books, and play together!
- Musical Pillows: Instead of chairs, place pillows in a circle. Start with one less pillow than you have players. Play music and walk around the outside of the pillow circle. When the music stops, everyone must sit down on a pillow. One person will not have a pillow. He/she can either sit out or just continue to play the game without someone sitting out.
Read, read, read with your child!